8.25.2012

quiltin'... sugar dish & point me

well, i survived the arts & crafts show last weekend!  it was very much a learning experience for me, my daughter (who stayed with me all afternoon), and my husband (who made my display).  it was a new show in columbus.  there were lots and lots of vendors... and not so many shoppers.  i heard this is typical for a new show.  here is my area at the show:

the lime loft 'booth'
this week was spent getting a few things done that had been put 'on the back burner' while we were getting everything ready for the show... especially a little quilting!

i am taking a class at sew to speak with the amazing, wonderful mary of molly flanders!  it started last monday and we are making the point me quilt from denyse schmidt.  she is full of tips & tricks to help us out in lining up our points. thank goodness!

so, she gave us home work (and added twice as many triangles to my quilt... which i think will look great!).  and here i go...

lots of 4 1/2" squares!
ready to be cut into quarters...
cut up and divided...
so, once the squares were sewn, they were then cut into quarters, then ironed open, trimmed of their dog ears, and arranged into larger triangles...

a completed triangle!
 at this point, i have sewn 5 triangles... only 11 to go... before monday!  yikes!

and also this week, i was able to bind and complete my sugar dish quilt!  finally!!  it is being sent to some friends in new jersey who have opened their home to us many times over the last 4 years while our son has been at west point.  hope they like it. 

pretty colors! fabric: hometown by sweetwater.
i think the hand quilting turned out nicely.

i really, really love all these polka dots!
so, now to get back to work on my floorcloths... and the 13 triangles for the point me quilt... and i must finish my elevated envelopes which were supposed to be sent out almost a month ago... and... :-)  such is life, right? 

happy saturday!!

~ julie

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt. Your friends will be thrilled out of their minds. I love those polka dots too.Please post your new quilt when you are done!

    ReplyDelete